August 02, 2007

The San Francisco Chronicle is skeezier than usual

There's a reason it's called the Comical.

Today, there was a big banner headline continuing their look into the homeless in the parks issue.

GOLDEN GATE PARK SWEEP - CAN CITY MAKE IT STICK?

Right underneath, was this picture:

Wow! They found all those needles in the sweep of Golden Gate Park! I was astounded....








...until I read the caption, in much smaller type:

"Syringes collected at the needle exchange near Haight Street - other used needles have found their way to neighborhood yards and Golden Gate Park."

So, these were syringes collected at the needle exchange -- right where they should be! I can imagine CW Nevius now...."I'm writing this story about used needles in the park...where can I find a picture of used needles? At the needle exchange!"

Shame on you, Chronicle.

No comments: